LubriTose™ RC line of excipients are integrated co-processed systems developed to assist formulators with challenges typically encountered with roller compaction such as:
- Sticking of excipients to rolls
- Low throughput – limited powder draw when over lubricated, or roll sticking if under-lubricated.
- Precision blending of other excipients for lubrication only
LubriTose™ RC is available as an Anhydrous Lactose or Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC), base which is co-processed with Glyceryl Monostearate as the internal lubricant. The lubricant is co-processed in a manner that allows for a thin coat of lubricant over the particles that provides sufficient lubrication of the entire formulation.
- Increase in ribbon mass throughput due to improved powder feeding efficiency
- Corresponding increase in roll gap due to increased throughput (at same screw speed and hydraulic pressure)
- Roll gap can be reduced by increasing the roll speed while keeping screw speed and hydraulic pressure constant
- Comparable solid ribbon fraction before and after the rollers which is an important QbD consideration
- Elimination of sticking on roll surfaces